How to Identify Skin Cancer
If you’re not sure what skin cancer looks like, then it can help to identify some of the most common signs.
Skin cancer is often identified by unusual growths in your skin, bleeding patches, moles that change in size, discolorations, and other unusual skin activity. If you have experienced any of these things with your skin, then it’s best to get in touch with a dermatologist immediately to help identify if it’s skin cancer or another condition.
Mohs Surgery: The Most Effective Treatment for Skin Cancer
Mohs surgery is an advanced skin cancer removal technique that is used to treat most forms of skin cancer. This includes basal and squamous cell carcinoma. The procedure aims to remove entire cancer while not disturbing the surrounding tissue.
Benefits of Mohs Surgery
Mohs surgery comes with a number of great benefits that make it the ideal treatment for skin cancer.
- With an early diagnosis, Mohs surgery can give patients a 99% expected cure rate which is the highest of any skin cancer removal treatment.
- Mohs surgery can ensure complete cancer removal which virtually eliminates any chance of cancer growing again.
- Since the procedure only targets the cancerous cells in your skin, it can also minimize the damage caused to healthy tissue.
- Is an effective alternative if other methods to remove or cure skin cancer have been tried but failed.
- Most patients only require a single surgery that includes removing the skin cancer and also repairing the wound.
- Mohs surgery offers the most optimized aesthetic outcome due to the minimal damage caused to surrounding tissue.