Levy Dermatology is Hiring!
Levy Dermatology is Hiring a Medical Assistant and a Medical Office Receptionist. For more information please refer to the job descriptions listed below.
**Please Send Inquiries and Resume to email@example.com**
Job Purpose: Serves patients and providers with daily functions of the clinic
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary medical history and exam; reporting patient history summary in medical record.
- Helps with office procedures such as biopsies, excisional surgeries, laser surgeries, cosmetic procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Performs biopsy and lab work, patient call backs and maintains lab log.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the dermatology practice by adhering to professional standards, privacy and security laws, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe & Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork
Medical Office Receptionist
Job Purpose: Serves patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts; insurance verification of benefits.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; assisting patients in whatever ways needed; maintains a calm and clean reception area.
- Mail New Patient Packets.
- Confirm by phone all appointments 2 days prior to scheduled appointment.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information. Obtaining signature on all patient intake forms.
- Collects copays, deductibles, co-insurance monies due at time of service.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial/insurance information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Performs insurance verifications for patients prior to their arrival at the clinic and works closely with billing clerk to determine and understand patient benefits and responsibility.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information with strict adherence to HIPAA statutes.
- Maintains operations by following office policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by cross training in all 3 areas of the front desk.
Skills/Qualifications: Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service Excellence, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus