How CoolSculpting® Works
CoolSculpting® uses a fat-freezing device that breaks down unwanted fat cells in targeted areas. The procedure itself is known as cryolipolysis. Over time, the fat cells that are ruptured and frozen will be naturally metabolized and then flushed from the body.
Because CoolSculpting® allows you to target highly specific areas, it can be used to reduce fat in stubborn areas such as around the upper arms, hips, thighs, and buttocks. CoolSculpting® works best around the abdomen, inner thigh, outer thigh, flank/side, and also under the chin.
Most patients only require one or two CoolSculpting® treatments to get their desired results. Others may need upwards of 6 sessions, but it will generally depend on how much stubborn fat you want to remove.
There are minimal side effects when it comes to the CoolSculpting® procedure. Some patients may report swelling and redness at the treatment site, but these effects are typically resolved in a week or two.
Benefits of CoolSculpting® Treatments
There are several great benefits to CoolSculpting® treatments.
- It’s a proven way to remove areas of fat, especially in stubborn areas that are difficult to work off.
- There are minimal side effects. If there is some redness or swelling, then it can be resolved in a week or two.
- There is minimal downtime and no major recovery period. Patients can resume daily activities immediately after the procedure.
- The process is painless and simple.
- CoolSculpting® provides long-lasting results.
- Multiple areas can be treated during a single procedure.